A dueling tournament (searching for opinions and sponsors)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A dueling tournament (searching for opinions and sponsors) Empty A dueling tournament (searching for opinions and sponsors)

Post by skeptre Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:06 pm

Hi guys, this is my first post so I'm sorry if it's in the wrong area or I did something wrong. In my old alliance, we had small tournaments in the duel rooms of our dojos, and would give rare mods as rewards to the winner. I thought it was fun, as did a lot of people who took park. So, I thought I might pitch the idea here, and see if anyone was interested in taking part. Not only that, but if we set it up, we may need sponsors to help cover the rewards. So, please leave your thoughts. Thanks!

skeptre

Back to top Go down

A dueling tournament (searching for opinions and sponsors) Empty Re: A dueling tournament (searching for opinions and sponsors)

Post by BlutAngelus Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:11 am

I am willing to sponsor. So far We have 3 willing sponsors but no participants.

BlutAngelus

Back to top Go down

A dueling tournament (searching for opinions and sponsors) Empty Re: A dueling tournament (searching for opinions and sponsors)

Post by BlutAngelus Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:28 am

There will be two separate tournament types. One tournament will be melee only, the other will be all weapons. Also Tiers to divide mastery rank will be implemented so lower ranks have a chance to win prizes too.

BlutAngelus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilorad Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:57 am

Sounds interesting I can post something in the MOTD, but I think first you should describe how you want to have it setup in a bit more detail.
Kilorad
Kilorad
Admin

https://dominionalliance.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by skeptre Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:39 am

Certainly. I think it would be a good idea to advertise the ideas, and when we get enough people, and sponsors, we can set up rosters based on mastery ranks, and prizes for the winners of each roster. We can set up different rules, or weapon restrictions, on any or all of the rosters.

skeptre

Back to top Go down

Post by funzor Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:37 am

I think this is a great idea, and would also like to be involved, I may have some mods or things to contribute. I'm sure anyone would love to jump in if they knew about it, so if advertised in-game, I don't thing that participants will be a problem, so long as the events occur at decent days/times.

Another incentive that could work, is that perpahs the overall winner gets a name/tribute/statu/something in the dojo (main hall, for everyone to see) to comemorate their win, like a trophy room.

Not sure about the building possibilities of the dojo, as I have no experience in that area, but if this can be done, I'm sure that many Tenno out there would fight for honor as well as gold.

funzor

Back to top Go down

Post by skeptre Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:50 am

Interesting. We need to figure out how to organize all this, and you seem to have some good ideas. Would you mind helping out?

skeptre

Back to top Go down

Post by funzor Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:07 pm

I would be very happy to. What would the next step in implementation be?

Would we start by picking a day? maybe a weekend morning/afternoon or perhaps on a weeknight? I think most people either go to work or school weekdays and weekend nights.

I am sitting here thinking that maybe multiple events would help everyone be able to participate, but then we probably would have no control over anyone competing twice, and therefore diluting the results. Unless maybe we can have a new one every week on a rotating schedule?

We could easily farm a bunch of R5 cores that would, I think, make awesome secondary prizes so that we might not run dry of rare mods and prime parts, which would make awesome grand prizes.

Anyway, perhaps we could meet in the dojo sometime today and experiment with some trophy room type situations and brainstorm further?

funzor

Back to top Go down

Post by skeptre Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:19 pm

Well, multiple events would be a good idea, but if we split it up based on master ranks, then we could host certain MR events on different days. As for your core idea, I really like that. I can't be too active today, but I'm thinking Sunday night (I'm on eastern standard time) would be good, if you'd like. We can get a chat going, maybe get Kilo and Blut in and we can brainstorm and discuss the times and frequency, as well as ranks among the members and whatnot.

skeptre

Back to top Go down

Post by funzor Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:27 pm

Sunday is a work night for me, though I may get out by 10 (PST), i think that would make it 1am eastern

rank based battles are a great idea too! would also encourage for mastery rank up within the alliance too, to compete for the better prizes, and making the alliance stronger as a whole! I think there was very little incentive to rank up past 8.... until NOW! lol

funzor

Back to top Go down

Post by skeptre Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:32 pm

That's a great idea! See, we've got all kinds of creative juices flowing here. And it's likely I'll be on around 1am, so that's fine. I was also thinking, we could record our tournaments in some way. Maybe via youtube or twitch, that way we could not only have video proof of each match when we decide the winners, so there's no foul play, but we can also advertise for the clan. Maybe people will see that, and want to join and take part?

skeptre

Back to top Go down

Post by funzor Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:16 pm

Sure, does steam have recording abilities? Or some other software? Or i can just find something that will do it :-)

funzor

Back to top Go down

Post by skeptre Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:35 pm

I believe that OBS does. It's a streaming and recording software.

skeptre

Back to top Go down

Post by LaxXxus Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:17 pm

I'll be a participant
LaxXxus
LaxXxus

Back to top Go down

Post by funzor Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:21 pm

Would dec. 24th (christmas eve) be a good day to have an introductory tournament?

funzor

Back to top Go down

Post by LaxXxus Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:23 pm

The plan is a great idea but equipment restrictions I'd disagree on because if melee only everyone should be able to use whatever they want due to their fighting style. For AON(All or Nothing) same way goes for other weapons, the only thing you need are rules and rosters. Equipment restrictions that not everyone will agree on might not work..
LaxXxus
LaxXxus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilorad Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:25 am

I personally think that all duels should be melee only. At least at the high levels weapons kill with a single shot and you just prefire before the timer ends and one guy drops dead.
Kilorad
Kilorad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Houndoom45 Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:11 pm

It would be a good idea to have some type of weapon ban/handicap, so people cant just pull out their synoid gammacors, also i would participate just someone needs to come up with the details.
Houndoom45
Houndoom45

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilorad Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:30 pm

I think we should have it be team based with a leader board in the alliance MOTD, and rules which force all the teams to have the same gear.
Kilorad
Kilorad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JetBlackMoon Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:33 am

Kilorad wrote:I think we should have it be team based with a leader board in the alliance MOTD, and rules which force all the teams to have the same gear.

Yeah, that's a great idea! Obviously we should reveal the gear needed one week or so before the actual event. Also, you don't need sponsors if to participate in the event you need to pay. For example, 25p per entry, those are added to the prize pool. We could make that a monthly event too. I don't mind donating for a bigger prize pool though.
JetBlackMoon
JetBlackMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilorad Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:04 pm

I think that an entry fee might be the way to go it will let the winners have a prize and be self funding.
Kilorad
Kilorad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum