ALLIANCE EMBLEM

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ALLIANCE EMBLEM - Page 4 Empty Re: ALLIANCE EMBLEM

Post by Chamundi Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:22 pm

Kilorad wrote:I tried gold and it didn't look quite right. Anyways I uploaded an updated alliance emblem on impulse.

ALLIANCE EMBLEM - Page 4 Newemb10

try flipping colors like this. I think it would look nice with the white glowing on the outside of the red while the red, and both the white are outlined. Hopefully it has enough, and not to much outline to cause any glowing issues. I made the ring a dull white so it will help with the glow. I figured using black outline on the outside of the red section of the emblem would help contrast from the glow with the ring. sort of like a extra border to cut down on the glowing from washing out other colors. i sort of want to make the red areas a bit darker but meh this is just a mock up. I also saved it as png with layer offset so you can edit each layer. If it does not have the layers let me know i can send you the xcf gimp or psd extension for photoshop.

ALLIANCE EMBLEM - Page 4 OgLbdST
Chamundi
Chamundi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilorad Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:54 pm

I like it adding black like you did might work, and get rid of the white edge glow. Or maybe we should just make it 100% solid color with no transparency. silent I am not looking forward to spending 150 plat again. If you want to give it a try go ahead and up load it.
Kilorad
Kilorad
Admin

https://dominionalliance.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chamundi Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:21 pm

I will sell some more maxed out mods after i farm out more cores, and test it. I could also change the off white ring to solid black. I just do not want to risk having something to bright and causing to much glow do to the white that the emblem becomes washed out.
Chamundi
Chamundi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilorad Fri May 01, 2015 10:34 am

Ok one thing in noticed is that semitransparent areas seem to sometimes glow white even when they are another color, adding black may fix that but keeping it white may be safer since if it glows white and it is white it just adds edge glow. Other clans seem to have emblems which look fine sometimes though… Anyways a while ago I removed the existing boarder and created a new one with much less transparency. Here are the layers for it.

ALLIANCE EMBLEM - Page 4 Full10

ALLIANCE EMBLEM - Page 4 Center10

ALLIANCE EMBLEM - Page 4 Edge210

ALLIANCE EMBLEM - Page 4 Edge110

It seems like some DE emblems may have almost no feathering along the edge and instead use edge glow to create the effect in game.

ALLIANCE EMBLEM - Page 4 Specte10

I here is an in game screenshot of our emblem the white is obviously still too bright and it may have too much glow.

ALLIANCE EMBLEM - Page 4 Emblem10
Kilorad
Kilorad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chamundi Mon May 04, 2015 10:08 pm

ok removed any transparent colors other than the actual transparency. you can in a image editing software select the black and cut it out to see that the red and the gray borders are also solid colors.

first is with the black border ALLIANCE EMBLEM - Page 4 CaIrbsG

second is with out the border just the colors. ALLIANCE EMBLEM - Page 4 ItOcV5p

the images might not be perfect do to imgur encoding the damn files so they get blurry and screwed up from the codec used to compress and generate a preview if you need here is a link to the files in mediafire.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3p5y88w556zytqj/newemb10+both+black+outline+and+no+black+outline..zip
Chamundi
Chamundi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilorad Wed May 06, 2015 9:17 am

If you are going to go without any transparency then I think that no black not needed and it will look better without it. To be honest I don’t really know why it glows or does not glow white. Some emblems like the ones bellow do not have any weird glow effects. Although it seems like it’s best to have either little transparency along the edge or a wide glowing area. The emblem is also going to have to look good in the menus so some transparency may be need but the way it was before would have not worked I think. Maybe what Warframe really does not like is a gradient of transparency…

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/113620-show-off-your-clan-emblem/page-3
Kilorad
Kilorad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chamundi Sat May 09, 2015 9:13 pm

it sounds almost as if there has to be an overwhelming section of the emblem that requires white or a light color to glow. some sort of algorithm used by the shaders that makes and renders the effects based on transparencies and light to dark ratio.
Chamundi
Chamundi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilorad Wed May 20, 2015 9:00 am

What is going on is not clear to me at all. It seem almost like we just have to try things and see what the result is.
Kilorad
Kilorad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aetherys Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:55 am

So, you have been doing some changes I see O=
Aetherys
Aetherys

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilorad Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:06 pm

To be honest I don’t think the changes worked out that great. I uploaded the emblem again a month or so ago and it still had issues with the red. I think we should just go back to solid white with the red border becoming gray maybe. Below is the version of the emblem we are currently using.

ALLIANCE EMBLEM - Page 4 Darkem10
Kilorad
Kilorad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aetherys Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:54 pm

Yea, maybe the artifact noise, if is still visible, will be less noticeable by being white, just like the noise itself, so maybe that's the solution...
Aetherys
Aetherys

Back to top Go down

Post by Chamundi Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:40 am

kilo try this out if you got the plat to preview. i deleted semi translucent pixels and copied the image god knows how ever many it took to make the barely visible translucent pixels to be visible so i could delete them. the image still needs cleaning up and making the colors more solid in terms of fade from the white sections to the red border on the edges where they meet. hopefully i deleted all the semi translucent pixels to help reduce the noise within the image when previewed in warframe.

ALLIANCE EMBLEM - Page 4 RBAUKHO
Chamundi
Chamundi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top